"Building Scheduler" role

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cherylbenkert

"Building Scheduler" role

Post by cherylbenkert »

I have had the calling of being the "Building Scheduler" for more than a year, with not much training.
I always thought that my role was to schedule private events, and teach auxiliary leaders (official calendar editors) how to schedule their own.
Last night I got a call from the Stake Clerk. He said that I am not even supposed to do that.
What AM I supposed to be doing? :?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "Building Scheduler" role

Post by russellhltn »

Whatever your leaders tell you to do. All we can do is tell you what permissions you have. Being a Building Scheduler allows you to set restrictions on the buildings - mostly to keep one ward from scheduling events on another ward's assigned time. Beyond that, it's pretty much "duties as assigned". Someone needs to schedule private events, so it seems reasonable to assign that to the Building Scheduler, (with permissions to a calendar to schedule them) but that's not set in any manual.

As long as someone is handing the private events, I'm not aware of anything that requires a Building Scheduler since each unit's leaders can schedule their own events. As long as leaders follow the stake's guidelines, setting restrictions is not required.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”