Google Calendar Sync Issue (Robots.txt)

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rbraithwaite1995

Re: Google Calendar Sync Issue (Robots.txt)

Post by rbraithwaite1995 »

usually my iphone calendar will update in real time when anything is added to my google calendar (which has my lds calendar synced perfectly). Im not trying to get new calendar items from lds.org to google calendar and then to ical. I just want to get all the lds.org events that are already there that are currently in my google calendars to go to my ical. I just dont think it should take more than 12 hours for this to happen. I have tried to refresh my calendars on my iphone...tried removing the google calendar, then adding it back....nothing is working. Anyone else having this issue.. Keep in mind that I had the robots.txt issue until the other day when finally my lds.org events finally synced to my google calendar. Now it's just getting the events from google calendar to ical.

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Google Calendar Sync Issue (Robots.txt)

Post by russellhltn »

rbraithwaite1995 wrote:usually my iphone calendar will update in real time when anything is added to my google calendar
Yes, that's my experience as well.

rbraithwaite1995 wrote:Im not trying to get new calendar items from lds.org to google calendar and then to ical. I just want to get all the lds.org events that are already there that are currently in my google calendars to go to my ical. I just dont think it should take more than 12 hours for this to happen.
I agree. But that's something that is outside of church control. It's either an iCal or Google issue. Most likely it's Google as I had a similar problem with my Android.

Unless there's a need to have it come from your Google calendar, you might want to consider entering the sync directly into your phone. I understand iOS devices can sync directly while Android needs an add-on app to do it. That way sync is under your control.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”