Auto e mails

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lunaite

Auto e mails

Postby lunaite » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:01 pm

I am aware that e mails can be sent to specified individuals. How ever I was wondering if a link could be added so that who ever creates a calendar could check a link to have an e mail sent to specified individuals at a determined time prior to an event. IE. A Stake clerk could check an item, such as a Stake Priesthood Meeting, to have a reminder e mail sent out at a specified time prior to the event, to specified individuals. Time and individuals could be checked so it went only to those individuals. If there is such a link already, I can't find it.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Auto e mails

Postby aebrown » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:19 pm

lunaite wrote:How ever I was wondering if a link could be added so that who ever creates a calendar could check a link to have an e mail sent to specified individuals at a determined time prior to an event. IE. A Stake clerk could check an item, such as a Stake Priesthood Meeting, to have a reminder e mail sent out at a specified time prior to the event, to specified individuals.

There is a feature already in the Calendar almost like what you describe. As a calendar editor/administrator creates or edits an event, there is an option at the bottom of the screen for "Send an email about this event" with options for "Now" or "Later". If you choose "Later" then you can choose any number of Days, Hours, or Minutes before the event to send the reminder.

This is described in the Scheduling Events documentation under Send E-mail Notifications about Events.

Note, however, that there seems to be a problem with this feature. Although most people have success with the "Now" option, the "Later" option doesn't seem to send out any emails, as discussed at LDS.org calendar not sending email updates.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Auto e mails

Postby russellhltn » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:23 pm

lunaite wrote:I am aware that e mails can be sent to specified individuals.

I'm unaware of any way to do that with the existing calendar. It goes to everyone who is subscribed to that calendar - but only if they have set their subscription to allow emails.

In other words, you have no real control on who gets it. It's up to the members of your unit.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Calendar”