Friend of LDS accounts calendar access

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
godoe

Friend of LDS accounts calendar access

Postby godoe » Wed May 21, 2014 7:16 pm

So I am a non-church member who is volunteering in scout troop 611 in the Kirkland 1st ward. My son has friends who are in the troop so here we are. I'm a member of a covenant church and play drums for the worship band there. The ward has decided to use the "cool" LDS calendar to schedule events now. I signed up for a "friend of LDS" account but there was no place to enter what ward I'm "attached" to. So when I load the calendar it just sits there saying "loading" and does nothing. I saw some posts about "entering an "out of" in the MLS and giving them a standard calling" - is that what they need to do with me? Or am I out of luck? THANKS. :)

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Friend of LDS accounts calendar access

Postby russellhltn » Wed May 21, 2014 7:33 pm

Sorry, But at this time there's no way to grant non-members access to the calendar system. The procedure for out-of-unit leader only works for members serving in a different unit.

The ward will need to find another way of getting word to the non-members of the group.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Calendar”