Calendar not loading

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ClarkHall

Re: Calendar not loading

Post by ClarkHall »

I have the same problem as above for both Calendar and Lesson Schedule.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

For all those who are reporting this problem, have you tried doing the exact same thing (accessing the Calendar on LDS.org) on a different computer? It would be helpful to narrow down if the problem happens only on your iPad, or on a computer. And does it happen with other browsers? And do other people in your ward (preferably with a similar calling) have the same problem?

Answering those questions will help determine if the problem is with your device, your browser, your ward's calendar for everyone, or your permissions or settings in the calendar.
ClarkHall

Post by ClarkHall »

The calendaring program and lesson scheduling program both work fine on my home computer, my office computer, the ward computer and my android phone my iPad air is the only place I have problems with them. We have a number of people in our ward that have problems with I devices and the calendaring problem in our ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you explored the different options in the iPad's browser? I'm thinking some security setting is preventing the calendar from working. Perhaps it's blocking cookies, or it's blocking the website's query of what time zone you're in (blocking location?)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmarzolla

Post by rmarzolla »

I have the same issue on my ipad.
I have tried several settings in the browser, except the fishingwarning and tracking.
On my desktop it is working just fine with safari, also on my android mobile and tablet it's working fine.
It just keeps loading on the ipad with no end.
ClarkHall

Post by ClarkHall »

russellhltn, I have no idea what you are taking about when you mention the browser options. Notes, Maps, Directory and Leader and clerk resources all seem to work just fine. It is only the Calendar and Lesson Schedule that give the unending turning wheel. If you can give me an idea where to look for the options and what to set them to I am more than happy to try changing them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Unfortunately, I'm more of a Android guy, I don't have a iPad to explore the options. I do know that the calender system has to learn what time zone your machine is set for as well as set some cookies. So if there's any security on the device that interferes with that, it's going to be a problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ClarkHall

Post by ClarkHall »

I just tried both calendar and lesson schedule in Chrome rather than Safari and both work well. Go figure.
ClarkHall

Post by ClarkHall »

aebrown wrote:
munnerlynm wrote:I have been trying to schedule an event on my Ward/Stake calendar but the calendar won't load on my IPAD. It has worked for years without a problem but for the last 3 days, I can't get the calendar to come up. Other programs load immediately. Is anyone else experience this problem and how can I fix it? :confused:
You posted this in the LDS Tools section. But if I understand your post correctly, you're not talking about LDS Tools at all -- you're just using the browser on your iPad to access the Calendar on the LDS.org website. Correct?

If so, which browser are you using? The built-in Safari browser, or something else?
Aebrown, you say this is posted in the LDS tools section, I thought this was for LDS.ORG where is the forum for LDS.ORG?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

clarkhall wrote:Aebrown, you say this is posted in the LDS tools section, I thought this was for LDS.ORG where is the forum for LDS.ORG?
Note that back on May 16, RussellHltn posted that he had moved this discussion from the LDS Tools forum section to "a more appropriate section" (the Calendar section under LDS.org Website). My post that you are quoting was made on May 14, before the discussion was moved; it was a true statement when I made it -- the first post was indeed made in the LDS Tools forum section, but the entire discussion has since been moved to Calendar.

Return to “Calendar”