Calendar Event Description reformats combining words

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
terrysduncan

Calendar Event Description reformats combining words

Post by terrysduncan »

The calendar is reformatting my description, taking spaces between words creating confusing text.

For example...

The Somewhere Stake Deseret Industries POD is located in theupper(south) parking lot of the Somewhere Stake Center and is open eachSaturday from 10am - 2pm.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar Event Description reformats combining words

Post by aebrown »

Yes, that's been happening for at least a couple of years. See Losing newlines from Description field and the discussions it links to.
terrysduncan

Post by terrysduncan »

But even if the original text has no newlines, it is removing the space between some words like 'theupper' or 'eachSaturday'
joeuribe3

Post by joeuribe3 »

Yes, I have noticed this same problem recently. Let's hope it can be fixed a.s.a.p.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

joeuribe3 wrote:Yes, I have noticed this same problem recently. Let's hope it can be fixed a.s.a.p.
As noted above, combining words has been fixed, but it may be only for new events.

The new line issue is addressed in the Losing newlines from Description field thread and has been going on for months. I would not expect a quick fix to that. But you can read the thread for a work-around.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”