Calendar Admin Notification

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dagman

Calendar Admin Notification

Post by dagman »

I have recently been asked by our bishopric to manage (I am an admin (assistant ward clerk -membership) all of the calendars for our ward. One thing that we are concerned about is monitoring calendar posts to ensure appropriateness. My understanding is that unless the member creating a calendar item selects the "send an email about this event" button, I would never see any indication that an event had been scheduled. What options are there for receiving emails for all events added, and/or some other indicator of "new" or "changed" events when I log in so that I can see them and ensure that the purposes of having this calendar available are met?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar Admin Notification

Post by russellhltn »

dagman wrote:What options are there for receiving emails for all events added, and/or some other indicator of "new" or "changed" events when I log in so that I can see them and ensure that the purposes of having this calendar available are met?
There are none. The best you can do is periodically review events.

The control is in limiting editing rights to those who can be trusted. Generally only ward leaders (various presidencies) have editing rights. If you can't trust them to appropriately schedule events, then why where they allowed to be called as leaders?

General membership does not have editing rights. (They can request a calendar, but it has to be approved before it can be used.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”