Restriction Not Working...

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Restriction Not Working...

Post by jdlessley »

jhowell2000 wrote:I just tried creating an event over a restriction to see if the restriction was working. The first attempt was unsuccessful (good), but when I tried again the system allowed me to create an event for Ward A when the building was restricted for Ward B. Is this a problem that has returned?
To what problem are you referring? Because you are a building scheduler for the building with the restriction you have the rights/power to schedule events over a restriction. Your first attempt to schedule an event over a restriction should have been successful. If that is the problem to which you are referring then there may be a problem. Your second attempt to schedule an event over a restriction was successful and is the way the system is currently programmed to function. So that is not a problem as far as the intended functionality is concerned.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

I was trying to find out if a building scheduler got any notice when he/she attempted to override a restriction. I did receive a warning the first time I attempted to create an event for my ward during a time the other ward using our building had a restriction. The second attempt did not generate any warning.

I would just like to have notice if a restriction is on the calendar before I make an event. I will continue to be careful when creating events that I don't override restrictions unintentionally.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jhowell2000 wrote:I was trying to find out if a building scheduler got any notice when he/she attempted to override a restriction. I did receive a warning the first time I attempted to create an event for my ward during a time the other ward using our building had a restriction. The second attempt did not generate any warning.

I would just like to have notice if a restriction is on the calendar before I make an event.
I agree a warning should appear when a building scheduler schedules an event over top of a restriction.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”