Where to set calendar permissions?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Where to set calendar permissions?

Post by jonesrk »

eblood66 wrote:
lajackson wrote:
eblood66 wrote:As a ward clerk I can only see additional callings in my own ward, not in other wards of my stake. However, it's possible a stake-level clerk calling provides additional access to ward calling information for wards in the same stake.
CDOL does provide this access with a stake-level calling. I did not realize the wards could not also access this information, but I can see the reasoning of it.
Except that I just remembered that I can see ward-level callings for all wards in my stake if I use the Directory or LDS Tools. So it doesn't really make sense. Since calling information went into CDOL first, it probably started more restricted and has just never been changed as the other tools provided more access. Not really a big deal, especially since the information is available elsewhere easily enough. Getting a bit off topic here though.
Ward callings can see the detailed callings at the stake level, but we don't have any way to grant rights that would go up to the stake and then back down to the other wards, so that is why it hasn't been done.

Return to “Calendar”