Enhancement Request: "Restricted to: [multiple wards]"

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
smconvey

Enhancement Request: "Restricted to: [multiple wards]"

Post by smconvey »

Similar to the way you can "Hold Ctrl and click to select multiple resources", it would be helpful to be able to restrict times to multiple wards. For example, we have two wards that share the same mutual night. However, we had a ward from another building schedule an event during the shared mutual time. I can't place a restriction because that would limit the time to only one of the two authorized wards. Thoughts?
drepouille

Re: Enhancement Request: "Restricted to: [multiple wards]"

Post by drepouille »

Do multiple wards also share the same rooms at the same times? If not, then the restrictions could be set for specific rooms.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

True, but the wards' auxiliaries often don't know far in advance which rooms they'll be using. It would be nice to lock out other wards for the year (via restrictions) and then they can schedule the rooms (via events) as needed -- without having to worry about other wards scheduling the building out from under them.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Some bishops prefer to coordinate with other wards verbally, I guess. I once asked why a Relief Society event was not on the ward calendar to prevent "other wards scheduling out from under them". The bishop replied that he preferred to contact the other ward leaders directly. That's fine, I suppose, but how do the ward members know when and where ward events will take place? "Facebook"
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe the developers have indicated before that layering restrictions on top of each other should accomplish the same thing - that is if you have a restriction for Ward A on top of a restriction for Ward B, either one can schedule, but Ward C cannot.

However, there was a bug that rendered it such that no ward could schedule it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

drepouille wrote:Some bishops prefer to coordinate with other wards verbally, I guess. I once asked why a Relief Society event was not on the ward calendar to prevent "other wards scheduling out from under them". The bishop replied that he preferred to contact the other ward leaders directly. That's fine, I suppose, but how do the ward members know when and where ward events will take place? "Facebook"
Wow, that sounds very inefficient to me. I'm glad our stake doesn't work that way. Facebook is sometimes used to reach the youth, but Facebook is a potential privacy nightmare. I find Google+ privacy settings to be much more intuitive and configurable. However, most youth don't check it nearly as often as Facebook.
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

russellhltn wrote:I believe the developers have indicated before that layering restrictions on top of each other should accomplish the same thing - that is if you have a restriction for Ward A on top of a restriction for Ward B, either one can schedule, but Ward C cannot.

However, there was a bug that rendered it such that no ward could schedule it.
Seems like there are still quite a few bugs in the calendar. Any clues on the date of the next release?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

smconvey wrote:Any clues on the date of the next release?
Mark 13:32
The email I got this morning "We don’t have any timing on when that release will be but we are hoping it will be soon."
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”