Building scheduler role

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
1968leocomeeatabite

Re: Building scheduler role

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Thank you, russellhltn your diligence and knowledge is ever appreciated.
boy2agua

Post by boy2agua »

Hi,

I'm a Stake Clerk and read this thread hoping to find answers to a couple questions. I did glean quite a bit of good info from this, but didn't see anything answering my questions. I think they are related enough to add to this thread, so here goes:

1. Do the standard calling names in MLS of "Stake Scheduler - Building 1", "Stake Scheduler - Building 2", etc., have anything to do with the roles of Building Scheduler that are set up in Calendar->Settings->Locations & Rooms?

2. For these MLS calling names, how can I find out which building in the stake corresponds to "Building 1", "Building 2", etc.? Or is there no exact linking of Building X to the actual buildings in the stake?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lexolox3 wrote:Hi,

I'm a Stake Clerk and read this thread hoping to find answers to a couple questions. I did glean quite a bit of good info from this, but didn't see anything answering my questions. I think they are related enough to add to this thread, so here goes:

1. Do the standard calling names in MLS of "Stake Scheduler - Building 1", "Stake Scheduler - Building 2", etc., have anything to do with the roles of Building Scheduler that are set up in Calendar->Settings->Locations & Rooms?
No, there is no connection.
lexolox3 wrote: 2. For these MLS calling names, how can I find out which building in the stake corresponds to "Building 1", "Building 2", etc.? Or is there no exact linking of Building X to the actual buildings in the stake?
Again, there is no connection between the Building X designations and the building names used in the calendar. Your stake may use an informal assignment but that isn't represented in the computer systems in any way.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

eblood66 wrote:
lexolox3 wrote: 2. For these MLS calling names, how can I find out which building in the stake corresponds to "Building 1", "Building 2", etc.? Or is there no exact linking of Building X to the actual buildings in the stake?
Again, there is no connection between the Building X designations and the building names used in the calendar. Your stake may use an informal assignment but that isn't represented in the computer systems in any way.
eblood66 is correct, but I know it seems counter-intuitive.
Our building schedulers accidentally were "released" in MLS from their schedulers calling, but performed their services just fine because they were still set-up in the calendar as building schedulers.

In almost every other area of LDS.org, access is granted based on standard callings in MLS, which then "feed" lds.org, and when you log on into LDS.org, it recognizes you and grants your permissions based on your callings. We are always told to be sure to enter callings properly in MLS for this reason. Not so with the Building Schedulers calling in the calendar. They certainly can be in MLS, but they MUST be specified within the calendar in addition, at least currently. It could change with any update!

So, this is one case currently that "there is no connection between the Building X designations (MLS) and the building names used in the calendar (LDS.org.)"
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I wish we could add Building Schedulers by calling name to the Locations & Rooms. However, we can only add Building Schedulers using the person's name.

On the other hand, when I create private calendars for Building Schedulers to create private events, I add the Building Schedulers by calling name as Editors of those private calendars.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Calendar”