Email list

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
2gerolyn

Email list

Post by 2gerolyn »

Is there a way to print only an email list for those whose email addresses are in our stake directory? When I send out notifications, there are members who have moved out of state who are still receiving those notifications. When I access their former ward membership list...their names are not on there. I was hoping there was a way to find the email address to find out why notifications are still being sent to them. Please advise.
drepouille

Re: Email list

Post by drepouille »

When someone moves to another stake, they need to login to lds.org after their records have been moved before they stop receiving messages from their old stake.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are they receiving your emailed notifications, or calendar notifications? There's a difference.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
2gerolyn

Post by 2gerolyn »

They are calendar notifications. I am not aware of "emailed notifications". Please explain.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

2gerolyn wrote:They are calendar notifications. I am not aware of "emailed notifications". Please explain.
You posted this in the Directory forum, instead of the Calendar forum. Your message seemed to be talking about Calendar notifications, but since you posted this in the Directory forum, it raised the question of whether you might be talking about the Email features of the Directory (available when you are looking at the Ward Organizations or Ward Leadership sections).

Now that you've clarified that you are talking about the Calendar, I'd refer you to the earlier post that explains that the people who have moved out of your ward need to sign in to LDS.org, go to the Calendar, and visit their Subscriptions page.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

[Moderator note: Moved topic to calendar forum.]

As stated, when a member moves, they need to visit their subscription pages. There's two reasons for that. First, because of the way the back end systems are set up, the calendar system isn't notified of a move. Logging into the calendar is what alerts the system that they are now in a different unit.

Secondly, they need to set up their subscriptions for their new ward. Each ward and stake have their own set of calendars. There's no way to carry your old settings over to a new unit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wardogswife

Post by wardogswife »

Members who have moved out of my District have logged onto the calendar site and updated and they are still getting calendar notifications, I believe. I get about two emails a week asking me to take them off the list. They say their records have moved and they have tried to update and yet because their records have moved it will not allow them to access their old District to make the change. Can you show a step by step guide how to remove yourself from the calendar events emails?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wardogswife wrote:Members who have moved out of my District have logged onto the calendar site and updated and they are still getting calendar notifications, I believe. I get about two emails a week asking me to take them off the list. They say their records have moved and they have tried to update and yet because their records have moved it will not allow them to access their old District to make the change. Can you show a step by step guide how to remove yourself from the calendar events emails?
You're using the term "update" but I'm not sure what you mean by that. All they need to do is:
  1. Make sure their records are in their new ward
  2. Sign in to LDS.org
  3. Go to the Calendar
  4. Edit their subscriptions (Settings > Subscriptions)
It's the act of actually visiting the Subscriptions page that will clean up their connection to calendars in their former ward/branch and stake/district.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

aebrown wrote:...

It's the act of actually visiting the Subscriptions page that will clean up their connection to calendars in their former ward/branch and stake/district.
Thank you for that information. I just received email from a sister who had moved from my ward nearly three months ago who was still getting calendar event notices from our ward. I pointed her to this thread and the above post.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Now and then we do have some complaints about email notifications being sent to a member who has moved, even though they have signed into the calendar many times since they moved. They should use the feedback link in the footer asking for help.

Return to “Calendar”