Shared building "bugs"

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Shared building "bugs"

Post by russellhltn »

nancypalemany wrote:Dated 5 Jan 2011
No, that's the date that terrydm joined the forum. You need to look at the top left of the message, just under the title.

(I used to make that mistake all the time before I remembered where to look.)

As for when the new release will happen, I think it's still in "don't know". I don't think it's been upgraded to "soon". :(
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
NPAlemany

Post by NPAlemany »

Thanks, didn't catch that.
mmaccabe

Post by mmaccabe »

I have this same bug. We are a branch in the stake - and have no baptismal font. I often find myself "misleading" people telling them the building is open because nothing shows on the calendar - only to find when I try to book it that it is blocked by another unit.

I am happy to hear this will be fixed in the next release. It's been a couple months - does anyone know if this release has happened but for us hasn't been fixed, or if this release is yet to happen still?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Yet to happen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
AllenK

Re: Shared building "bugs" sharing between wards

Post by AllenK »

We are getting the same complaint, where two wards share a building, and are trying to schedule, but when one ward schedules, the other can't see it. Since the thread so far is talking about stake events, I need to know whether the ward scheduling is also a bug, or if there's a way to see each other...

The complaint from our users: "… From what we can tell, when we [PA 2] go in on lds.org and reserve a room in the Middlefield Building [shared by PA 1 & PA 2], it is only visible to people in our own ward. Therefore, if I reserve the chapel, PA1 doesn't see this, and there is the very real chance that it could be double-booked."

In the mean time, I'm assuming that comment #8 applies to our situation also.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Shared building "bugs" sharing between wards

Post by russellhltn »

AllenK wrote:The complaint from our users: "… From what we can tell, when we [PA 2] go in on lds.org and reserve a room in the Middlefield Building [shared by PA 1 & PA 2], it is only visible to people in our own ward. Therefore, if I reserve the chapel, PA1 doesn't see this, and there is the very real chance that it could be double-booked."
First of all, unless there are two Middlefield Buidings, there is NO RISK it will be double-booked (as long as you are using events). Being able to see the other ward's events is a completely separate issue.

Secondly, they will only be able to see the other ward's events if they go into Week-view. Have you confirmed they are doing that?

AllenK

Post by AllenK »

It appears to be solved! The key elements: looking at the weekly calendar (which they are now doing), and the moving of a scheduler from second to first ward, and then again being called as scheduler (now in 1st Ward)! With no one in the second ward now identified by the software, it removed second ward from the schedule. We've fixed that, all seems to be working well. Thanks!

Return to “Calendar”