Rename a calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Rename a calendar

Post by jdlessley »

lee.allen wrote:Because we have multiple wards in a building, we have to have one calendar for the building so that we can ensure there are not conflicts for facility resources.
This is exactly what a properly set up Calendar system is designed to do. There is no need to create another calendar since the system prevents conflicts when calendar editors designate the building and rooms for an event.

I am going to assume your stake does not have the locations (buildings) set up as being available for units to schedule. This unnecessarily adds another level of coordination and intervention by a stake administrator or building scheduler (Calendar role).
lee.allen wrote:The simplest way we have found to do that is to have a calendar for each meeting house that the wards sharing the building can coordinate events. is there a easier way to do that?
Yes. Have the stake administrators check the "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes" setting. Otherwise only a building scheduler (Calendar role) can schedule a location and the resources. This appears to be how your stake is managing the resources.

For more information about setting up and managing locations see the Calendar Help section Managing Locations.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lee.allen

Post by lee.allen »

thanks! We'll look into that and see if we can make that work... in the meantime, is there a way to simply rename the calendar so that it is more clear as to its purpose?

Thanks again!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lee.allen wrote:thanks! We'll look into that and see if we can make that work... in the meantime, is there a way to simply rename the calendar so that it is more clear as to its purpose?
There should be, but it's not working in your case. I don't know why.

But if you start using the new system with building scheduling built-in to the event creation, you won't need it.

As for seeing the building calendar (under the new system), you can still do that by switching to week view. (A "hidden" feature.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
richardhenryjohnson

Post by richardhenryjohnson »

I gave up and created new calendars, both public and private, to replace the ones I could not rename.

Return to “Calendar”