Systemizing Calendar meeting

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Allan15

Systemizing Calendar meeting

Post by Allan15 »

I am a young mens Pres. and want to use the Calendar and email configuration for reminders. We meet monthly on the Wednesday before the second Sunday. This is sometimes the 1 Wednesday of the month and sometimes it is the 2nd Wednesday of the month. Is there a way to figure this? Any thoughts out there?

Thanks for your help.

Allan
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Systemizing Calendar meeting

Post by aebrown »

Allan15 wrote:I am a young mens Pres. and want to use the Calendar and email configuration for reminders. We meet monthly on the Wednesday before the second Sunday. This is sometimes the 1 Wednesday of the month and sometimes it is the 2nd Wednesday of the month. Is there a way to figure this? Any thoughts out there?
That is often the situation with recurring meetings. Even your plan for the Wednesday before the second Sunday will need to be adjusted (e.g. if that Wednesday happens to be on the 4th of July in the US).

The repeating rules aren't powerful enough to create that specific rule, but I would just create the rule for the 1st Wednesday of each month (since that is slightly more likely to be the case than the 2nd Wednesday) and then adjust the meetings that need to be on the 2nd Wednesday. If you do this in Month view, you'll be able to easily see which meetings need to be adjusted, and you can just drag and drop the meeting down to the 2nd Wednesday. This way you can do the whole year in less than 5 minutes.

Return to “Calendar”