Importing events from iCal

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
iankeithcurtis

Importing events from iCal

Post by iankeithcurtis »

My stake has up to now used an iCal Calendar for scheduling stake events, and the stake exec sec has maintained this. Now we want to use the calendar tool on ldl.org and I have been tasked to manage the change (I'm the stake clerk, so have administrator privileges)

I'm using a calendar that the exec sec set up in draft and I have amended the view/edit privileges. Now I've tried to import events from the iCal calendar. I've exported the contents of the iCal calendar as an .ics file. When I try to import to the ldd.org calendar, I get the following message:

We were able to import most of your events. We were unable to add the following events. You will need to manually add them to your calendar.

undefined
undefined
undefined

When I close the dialog box, none of the events are listed in the iCal events box, and there is nothing to move to the new calendar. Am I missing something obvious/ Or will I need to manually input the events to the lds.org calendar.
iankeithcurtis

Re: Importing events from iCal

Post by iankeithcurtis »

Excuse my clumsy fingers. I mean lds.org calendar, not ldl.org or ldd.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Importing events from iCal

Post by russellhltn »

I'd Google for a iCal verification page. It may be malformed, or it might be too high a version.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”