LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
davidrichey

Re: LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Post by davidrichey »

Also, no email notifications are in my gmail spam folder.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've been told the notification server has been restarted. Hopefully that fixes it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rjsteck

Ward Council reporting E-mail notices have stopped

Post by rjsteck »

Just this week, everyone reported that they didn't get a reminder from the calendar. I believe it was working recently...
I checked the meeting notice... and it says send a reminder...

Any suggestions...?

RJSteck
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Council reporting E-mail notices have stopped

Post by russellhltn »

rjsteck wrote:Just this week, everyone reported that they didn't get a reminder from the calendar. I believe it was working recently...
I checked the meeting notice... and it says send a reminder...
I've merged your message with an existing thread. The problem should have been cleared up last Tuesday. Was something missed since then?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

Still not working. I entered a new event on the stake president's interview calendar on Sunday and clicked to get a email reminder 1 day before the event. I should have received the reminder yesterday, but didn't. It needs something more than restarting the server.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Anyone else still having problems?

I can't say as my stake has ever used calender notifications. (I use sync myself.) What is the "from" address in the notification email? If it's "from" the member, there's a dust-up on the internet about that. Various systems are no longer happy to accept emails from the wrong server. It started with Yahoo's changing some email settings (if it's "from" yahoo but didn't come from yahoo's servers - it gets discarded.) And now I see messages from AOL users sent via Yahoo groups are going straight to my gmail spam folder, so AOL may have followed along.

chody75

Post by chody75 »

I'm having the same issue. It seems to send a notification if I set it to send right then, but if I try to set it to send a reminder at a later time it never sends the notice.
JonathanThomasMarshall

Post by JonathanThomasMarshall »

I'm having a broader issue sending e-mails from my account via LDS.org at all. Since the calendar notifications were set up by me, I suspect this is a symptom of the broader issue.
carlgard

Post by carlgard »

I confirmed that notifications are sent for cases where "Send an email about this event" is set to "Now." But, cases where "Send an email about this event" is set to "Later" are still not working.
jaredmente

Post by jaredmente »

I'm still in the boat of no emails being sent whether I click to send now, or set it to send later. It's broken. Please fix it!!

Return to “Calendar”