LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Post by russellhltn »

ethzmoos wrote:I use gmail so I can't see how they would have any influence unless i used my mediacom email address (which i haven't).
All it takes is for someone to classify a email reminder as spam, and GMail may route all similar emails to the GMail spam folder. You didn't say what your email client is. If you're not using the gmail web page, I suggest you do that and check the spam folder.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ethzmoos

Post by ethzmoos »

I'm using the gmail web page and I have check the spam folder.
JonathanThomasMarshall

Post by JonathanThomasMarshall »

I'm having this problem too. My issue is with recurring calendar items (e.g. weekly bishopric meetings) set up to send reminders a couple of days before the event. It was working fine until a few weeks ago, now no one seems to be getting the reminders. The event seems still set up correctly. I've checked my own preferences and they are fine. Others having this problem?

Also, the reminders are not going to spam folder either.
jaredmente

Post by jaredmente »

I'm having the same problem. Email reminders used to work flawlessly. Now they no longer work at all. For me the problem began about two months ago...
ethzmoos

Post by ethzmoos »

My problem with email notifications resolved on its own. after about 2 weeks it started working again. I didn't have to change any settings or notify anyone. It has continued working flawlessly since I last posted to this topic.
JonathanThomasMarshall

Still having the issue. I even tried a "send now" from one of my calendar items, and it didn't send anything.

I just sent a follow-up to my original ticket through LDS.org. Either they or I will post here when we have a resolution to the problem.
JonathanThomasMarshall

For now, I'm giving up on calendar alerts and emails sent from LDS.org and LDS Tools. I'll just go back to the "old fashioned" method of maintaining a distribution list in my email client, and sending reminders and e-mails as needed.

Seriously disappointed in support on this. This is pretty absurd to be going on three weeks and no real answer. A service missionary emailed me last week saying "Sorry, you haven't gotten the answer to your questions. Tell me what your issue is." Trying to be a team player, I respond with the description of the issue I had already submitted and described in detail here. One week later: [crickets].
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JonathanThomasMarshall wrote:Still having the issue. I even tried a "send now" from one of my calendar items, and it didn't send anything.
I just requested that the calendar system send an email, and it did so.

I wonder if the problems might have been related to the service issue that was finally reported as fixed here.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

For what it is worth, on the stake president interview calendar, my email notification and notification to the stake president quit working some time ago. It used to work fine but quit working several weeks ago. Neither he nor I have changed settings and I have re-affirmed that I have my setting to receive email notifications. I have an Android and he has an iPhone. Our only common thread (except access to the calendar) is that we have gmail addresses to receive the notification.
carlgard

Post by carlgard »

I'm also seeing the same behavior - e-mail notifications are no longer being sent like they were a few months ago.

I typically schedule youth events in advance and set them to send an email one day before the event. Those emails are not being sent. I've confirmed that several people who should be receiving these emails are not.

I've also tried sending updates now, and that doesn't work.

I've confirmed that all settings are correct (meaning they allow email notifications).

Return to “Calendar”