Stake Events with Ward Callings

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
david.dunston

Stake Events with Ward Callings

Post by david.dunston »

It would be awesome if I could schedule stake bishopric meetings and use "ward" callings such as Ward Bishop, 1st Councilor, etc. to do so.

I am left to either...

1. Create a public calendar for the entire stake to see
or...
2. Go in and manually assign 44 ward bishopric members to a calendar while watching for changes to any bishoprics while, eventually, passing the same task to the next person who has this assignment

Thanks! - David
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Stake Events with Ward Callings

Post by jdlessley »

I assume that when you say "Go in and manually assign 44 ward bishopric members to a calendar..." that you mean you add those 44 as calendar viewers. And since only stake callings are available for stake calendars then I assume you are adding those 44 'By name'.

This limitation of only stake callings being available for stake calendars has been discussed in several threads and adding ward callings to the list of available callings has also been requested by others.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

david.dunston wrote:1. Create a public calendar for the entire stake to see
Our stake has chosen to create a public calendar for leadership meetings. Not only is it much simpler than managing a private calendar, but some people are interested in knowing about stake meetings even if they aren't invited -- they might be scheduling some event and be curious if some stake meeting was going on at the same time.

In any case, it's hardly a big secret, and people can easily choose not to subscribe to a calendar they aren't interested in. The tiny benefits of a private calendar in this case are not worth the maintenance hassles.
david.dunston

Post by david.dunston »

Wow! Thanks for taking your time with such a nice reply. Initially, I was thinking about minimizing calendars people had to see/worry about, but your comment totally makes sense.

That will make things much more simple. Thanks!

Return to “Calendar”