Problems Connecting Another Stake to Pavilion

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
perryk

Problems Connecting Another Stake to Pavilion

Post by perryk »

I am the stake website administrator. My stake has a pavilion that is shared by a neighboring stake. On the website calendar I have added that stake along with all of its wards under "units using this location" for the pavilion so they can schedule the pavilion using their own website. I asked their stake website administrator to create a test event scheduling the pavilion so I could see if it is working correctly. On my stake website calendar the test event "combined" with an already existing event that was scheduled for the same time (however the location of the already existing event was scheduled to be held at my stake center--NOT the pavilion). When he prepared the test event he indeed selected the pavilion as the location. Why didn't it schedule the pavilion? What is wrong? What do I need to fix?

Also, shouldn't the other stake be able to bring up in the week view on their website calendar and see all the days and times the pavilion is scheduled by units in my stake? What exactly should the other stake be able to see?

Help please.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Problems Connecting Another Stake to Pavilion

Post by aebrown »

Is it possible that it's working correctly, but you're being confused by the problem described in Week View Problem? I'm not sure what you mean by "the test event 'combined' with an already existing event", but it sure sounds like that problem.

If that bug is happening, you have to be extra careful to make sure you examine the event details to see if it was done right; the way the events appear in Week View is deceiving.

Return to “Calendar”