Page 1 of 2

Add Calendar user by calling. Calling not found?

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:34 am
by geekiemommie
Hello:

I was trying to add the "Building Representative" (that his the name of his calling according to lds.org). That calling doesn't appear in the dropdown list when trying to add by calling. We want to have him put when we clean the building, on the calendar.

I've added him as by name right now, but just wondering why it doesn't show up by calling?

Re: Add Calendar user by calling. Calling not found?

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:38 am
by Gary_Miller
Only standard callings can be added to the calendar by calling, and are the only ones that will show in the drop down list. "Building Representative" is a local custom calling, not a standard calling.

Re: Add Calendar user by calling. Calling not found?

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:21 pm
by geekiemommie
Oh, gotcha! Thanks!

Re: Add Calendar user by calling. Calling not found?

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:35 pm
by russellhltn
Gary_Miller wrote:"Building Representative" is a local custom calling, not a standard calling.


Actually, according to this thread "Building Representative" is a standard ward calling. (But if it was recorded as a custom calling, all bets are off.)

Note that you can't include ward callings in a stake calendar.

But if this is a ward calendar, and the Rep is recorded as a standard position in that same ward, then I'd expect it to work.

Re: Add Calendar user by calling. Calling not found?

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:17 pm
by eblood66
russellhltn wrote:
Gary_Miller wrote:"Building Representative" is a local custom calling, not a standard calling.


Actually, according to this thread "Building Representative" is a standard ward calling. (But if it was recorded as a custom calling, all bets are off.)

Note that you can't include ward callings in a stake calendar.

But if this is a ward calendar, and the Rep is recorded as a standard position in that same ward, then I'd expect it to work.

We've got a Build Representative and it does show in black in CDOL so it should be a standard calling but I can't add it as a editor for a ward calendar either. It seems like the calendar used to have its own list of callings which they had to manually update. If that's still the case then maybe they missed the Building Representative calling last time they updated.

Regardless it looks like a bug to me.

Re: Add Calendar user by calling. Calling not found?

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:22 pm
by Gary_Miller
eblood66 wrote:We've got a Build Representative and it does show in black in CDOL so it should be a standard calling but I can't add it as a editor for a ward calendar either. It seems like the calendar used to have its own list of callings which they had to manually update. If that's still the case then maybe they missed the Building Representative calling last time they updated.

Regardless it looks like a bug to me.


Looks like a bug to me also. I checked both the calendar and the CDOL as well and conform this is happening.

Re: Add Calendar user by calling. Calling not found?

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:16 am
by jeffevannelson
hey thanks for reporting this. We duplicated the issue we should be able to fix it for the next release I believe. Thanks.

Re: Add Calendar user by calling. Calling not found?

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:34 pm
by jirp
Same issue different calling. Building schedulers(Schedulers--building1)(2 each building goes through building 4) appear in MLS but they can not be added to the calendar editors list by calling. I am guessing it is the same problem.

Re: Add Calendar user by calling. Calling not found?

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:48 pm
by russellhltn
jirp wrote:Same issue different calling. Building schedulers(Schedulers--building1)(2 each building goes through building 4) appear in MLS but they can not be added to the calendar editors list by calling. I am guessing it is the same problem.


That sounds like a custom calling problem.

Re: Add Calendar user by calling. Calling not found?

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:25 pm
by jirp
It is not marked as being a custom calling in the online database callings by organization. Custom callings have a star beside them online under callings by organization and this doesn't. It is under facilities and is directly below building representative in the list. And it is black in MLS not colored which also says it is a standard church position and not a custom calling. It also does NOT show in the list of custom callings in MLS. Maybe I am misunderstanding what is meant by custom calling. To me it means a calling created at the ward level. This wasn't. It was added by the church with the MLS updates sometime about last fall when they wanted us wiping out as many custom callings as possible to church standards.