Notifications disabled

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
2gerolyn

Notifications disabled

Post by 2gerolyn »

I am an administrator for my ward. I noticed that I had not been receiving notifications when ward members are adding events. I went to my subscriptions and next to the word "notifications" it reads "(event notifications have been disabled in your options)". I went to my options. This is what I found:
Auto subscribe to new ward calendars

Auto subscribe to new stake calendars

Send me email notifications about new calendars

Allow email reminders for calendar events

All of these boxes are checked. I am looking for a box that allows me to be notified when new events are added. Where would I find that?

Please advise,
Thank you,
Gerolyn Fugate
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Notifications disabled

Post by aebrown »

This sounds like the issue reported about a year ago in the topic Subscriptions Page. That issue affected only Internet Explorer, and it was a situation where the message about notifications being disabled was incorrect -- it was being displayed when it shouldn't be.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

2gerolyn wrote:I am looking for a box that allows me to be notified when new events are added. Where would I find that?
I don't think there is such an option. Emails are created only if the editor triggers them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aebrown wrote:This sounds like the issue reported about a year ago in the topic Subscriptions Page. That issue affected only Internet Explorer, and it was a situation where the message about notifications being disabled was incorrect -- it was being displayed when it shouldn't be.
I just tested this on IE9 and found that this bug still exists. So you can ignore the misleading message "Event notifications have been disabled in your options."

In order for you to receive a notification when an event is created, ALL of the following must be true:
  • You have enabled "Allow email reminders for calendar events" under Settings > Options;
  • You are subscribed to the calendar the event was created on;
  • You have enabled "Allow email reminders for this calendar" for that calendar;
  • The person creating (or updating) the event checked the box "Send an email about this event" and also chose "Now" for the time when the email should be sent.
  • Your email address entered on your profile on the Directory on LDS.org is correct.
If any of those conditions are not true, you will not receive an email when an event is created.

Return to “Calendar”