Sending emails from others when not elected

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dmenough

Sending emails from others when not elected

Post by dmenough »

As a Ward Webmaster, I am trying to send out emails to our Ward. Recently, we were invited to another Ward's 4th of July Event. It is on the Stake Calendar, but they elceted to not send out emails. Our Ward does everything by email. Is there a way to select their event and have emails sent to my Ward without having to create a new event or double listing on the Calendar?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Sending emails from others when not elected

Post by aebrown »

The only way you could do that is if you were an editor for whatever stake calendar the event is on (or a stake calendar administrator). So if a stake calendar administrator is willing to make you an editor for that particular calendar, it would be possible.

Note that in this scenario, your only option would be to send a message to all subscribers to that particular calendar. So the email notification would go to all stake members who subscribe to that calendar, which might be more people than you'd like, depending on how broad the purpose of that calendar is.
mevans

Re: Sending emails from others when not elected

Post by mevans »

You could add the event to your ward calendar and those who are signed up to receive notifications would receive the notification. You could also send a message to all ward members. I don't know if the webmaster can do that or just the bishop.

From the directory you can always do Ward Organizations > Adults > Email all Adults

Return to “Calendar”