Sunday events appearing on Saturday

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jrose219

Sunday events appearing on Saturday

Post by jrose219 »

I just created a recurring event for the 3rd Sunday of each month in 2014. All fine, except for November 2014, when it appears on the calendar on Saturday. I tried moving this one event (take it out of the repeating pattern by dragging it to Sunday), but still appears on Saturday. Another event for the 2nd Sunday of each month does the same thing. However, specifying Fast Sunday on the 1st Sunday of each month works. The only issue of the entire year is November.
jrose219

Re: Sunday events appearing on Saturday

Post by jrose219 »

BTW, running Google Chrome on Win7.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is this an all-day event? November is when daylight savings ends. So an event that "starts at midnight" might be seen as starting at 11PM Saturday if the logic isn't right. I'm surprised it's not affecting December.

If it's what I think it is, I think I'd chalk it up to a display issue and not worry about it for now. Hopefully it will get fixed before it becomes a concern.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jrose219

Post by jrose219 »

This is still an issue and yes, it appears to only affect "all day" repeating events, from November 15 on, but is not affecting December. So Thanksgiving appears on Wednesday and Stake Conference appears as occurring on Friday and Saturday. The actual entry is correct and it prints correctly, but is extremely confusing on the display. As we are now in September and beginning work to on calendars for next year, it would be very helpful to have this fixed.

Thanks,
John

Return to “Calendar”