Syncing With Google Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gpford5

Syncing With Google Calendar

Post by gpford5 »

I've tried searching the forum to find an answer, but with no luck.

1) I would like to sync 1 subscription from my LDS calendar (not all) with my Google Calendar. Is that possible?
2) When I try to create an "other" calendar for this in my Google calendar, nothing syncs. Is the sync function working?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Syncing With Google Calendar

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I moved this topic from the Beta Calendar section to the Calendar section, since it is an issue that applies to the current calendar, not beta.]
gpford5 wrote:1) I would like to sync 1 subscription from my LDS calendar (not all) with my Google Calendar. Is that possible?
It is not currently possible. All subscribed calendars are synced. The ability to separate those two functions has been requested multiple times; see, for example, Enhancement Request: Sync separate from Subscriptions.
gpford5 wrote:2) When I try to create an "other" calendar for this in my Google calendar, nothing syncs. Is the sync function working?
I just tried it and it worked fine. Are you choosing the "Add by URL" option?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gpford5 wrote:2) When I try to create an "other" calendar for this in my Google calendar, nothing syncs. Is the sync function working?
What do you mean by "syncs"? All the information should come over when you set up the link, but after that it the sync frequency is determined by Google. And in my experience, that's about once a day. Also note that the sync is one-way - from the church calendar to Google. There is no way to sync events the other direction.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gpford5

Post by gpford5 »

Thank you for your responses, and for moving the Q from beta...it's been a while since I've looked at the forum.

I suppose syncing only selected subscriptions is quite a chore to develop. I'm currently exporting to Outlook, and then re-exporting to a csv file, and sorting to select what I want to see. It's a bit clumsy, but keeps unwanted items out of my main calendar.

I'm using Chrome, but when I add by url, nothing appears. I'm sure it's some kind of user error, but given I don't want it all, it's just as well.

Thanks again,
Greg

Return to “Calendar”