Locations Not Showing Up In New Events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dhodgson

Locations Not Showing Up In New Events

Post by dhodgson »

Hello,

When I go into the Calendar > Settings > Locations and Rooms, I can see a complete list of all our buildings. Each building has underneath it a list of the wards that attend there.

When I go into the Calendar and create a new event, then select the link to "Add event details & location", when I click the drop-down list for the Location field, only one of our buildings shows up in the list. The other 5 buildings are missing.

When I originally tried to setup Locations, all of the locations were there when I went into manage them except for one building. I added one location myself, the others were already there. The one I added is the only one that show up in the pick list.

I tried to delete and recreate the other locations, but I am not allowed to delete any of the existing locations, only the one I created.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for what I can do to fix this issue? It is not a new issue, it has been like this for 2 or 3 years, I'm just finally getting around to doing something about it.

thanks,

David Hodgson
Stake Clerk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Locations Not Showing Up In New Events

Post by russellhltn »

Under Calendar > Settings > Locations and Rooms, edit the location. The checkbox "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes" must be checked.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dhodgson

Post by dhodgson »

I wondered about that, but the one location that I manually created that does show up, does not have that check marked. Only the "This location is a meetinghouse" is checked.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

dhodgson wrote:I wondered about that, but the one location that I manually created that does show up, does not have that check marked. Only the "This location is a meetinghouse" is checked.
Do the other locations have it checked?
dhodgson

Post by dhodgson »

I now have two Locations that show up in my drop down list.

One has "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes" checked.
The other does not.

The one that does not is the one that I manually created.

david
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

dhodgson wrote:I now have two Locations that show up in my drop down list.

One has "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes" checked.
The other does not.

The one that does not is the one that I manually created.

david
But what about the other 5 buildings that are missing? I'm guessing they don't have it checked.
dhodgson

Post by dhodgson »

You are correct, the other buildings do not have it checked. I have now checked them all and they all show up. That answers my original question, but I have another now.

Why would all our buildings except one be pre-populated in the Locations list? I had to manually add one of the buildings as a Location.

A follow up question to that is Why does the one that I manually added show up in the drop down list WITHOUT checking the box that says "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes"?

thanks,

david
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dhodgson wrote:Why would all our buildings except one be pre-populated in the Locations list? I had to manually add one of the buildings as a Location.
Buildings that are in the FMAT database and properly associated with your stake will automatically appear in the list of Locations under Settings in the Calendar. If one didn't show up there, the chances are that it is not set up properly in FMAT. You should ask your stake's PFR to mention that to the FM group.
dhodgson wrote:A follow up question to that is Why does the one that I manually added show up in the drop down list WITHOUT checking the box that says "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes"?
That is a mystery. In my experience a location won't appear in the drop down list unless that box is checked.
dhodgson

Post by dhodgson »

Thanks, I'll let the PFR know.

Thanks to all for your quick responses.

david
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:
dhodgson wrote:Why would all our buildings except one be pre-populated in the Locations list? I had to manually add one of the buildings as a Location.
Buildings that are in the FMAT database and properly associated with your stake will automatically appear in the list of Locations under Settings in the Calendar. If one didn't show up there, the chances are that it is not set up properly in FMAT. You should ask your stake's PFR to mention that to the FM group.
That would be true if you are the agent stake. I'm not so sure about a non-agent stake sharing the building.

Which raises the question - is this building shared? Because if it is, another ward/stake may be setting up calendars for it and because you've added the location manually, you will be not warned about any conflicting events with the other stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”