New Events Not Seen By Everyone

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
davecsmith

New Events Not Seen By Everyone

Post by davecsmith »

Even though I am subscribed to the YW calendar I do not get email notifications of the events and the events do not show up on my screen when I log onto LDS.org calendars. Others in the ward receive the email notifications and see the events on their calendar.

I do see the events the ward building scheduler schedules but that is annoying. It typically blocks times for set up and clean up. For example a YW activity will show on the calendar as starting an hour before it truly starts. Often that shows and not the event posting by the YW for the actual event. Sometimes both show. How can we make it so the building scheduler's posting don't show?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New Events Not Seen By Everyone

Post by russellhltn »

davecsmith wrote:Even though I am subscribed to the YW calendar I do not get email notifications of the events and the events do not show up on my screen when I log onto LDS.org calendars. Others in the ward receive the email notifications and see the events on their calendar.
There are a few things you need to check.
  • Click on the gear icon in the upper right and then "Options". Verify that "Allow email reminders for calendar events " is checked. If not, then you will not receive any emails from the calendar.
  • Click on the gear icon and then "Subscriptions". Check both ward and stake that you are subscribed to the YW calendar and the checkbox for "Allow email reminders for this calendar" is checked. You may be subscribed to one but not the other causing you to miss those events.
  • In the directory, check that the correct email address for you as a individual has been entered. That's where the notifications are sent to.
  • Back to the calendar, check the main page and verify that the left side, under "Subscribed Calendars" you have YW checked at both stake and ward level.

davecsmith wrote: I do see the events the ward building scheduler schedules but that is annoying. It typically blocks times for set up and clean up. For example a YW activity will show on the calendar as starting an hour before it truly starts. Often that shows and not the event posting by the YW for the actual event. Sometimes both show. How can we make it so the building scheduler's posting don't show?
You must be in week view to see that. Make sure that on the left side, under "Locations" remove all the checkmarks.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”