New default showing all locations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
2gerolyn

New default showing all locations

Post by 2gerolyn »

Last week I read a number of posts about the overwhelming sight of seeing all locations even though only a few calendars are desired. I wanted to reply to them, but now I can't find them. My post is in regard to the 2.5 enhancement of showing all locations on the calendar after signing in. I usually keep only one calendar open on the month view...now I have to hide all the calendars; show all the calendars and then hide all the calendars again to get rid of the extra information I do not want to see. Then and only then can I create the calendars specific to my needs for printing. I noticed in one of the replies to this same concern; that this enhancement was a result of members desiring to see all locations. If this is so, perhaps consideration could be given to just adding an icon "show all locations" instead of showing all locations as a default. This would work similarly to "hide all calendars". Then the editor could choose to see all of this information, if they desire. Because I work with so many calendars, this new enhancement is overwhelming for me, too time consuming to clean up and a bit daunting for the new editors I train and work with.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New default showing all locations

Post by russellhltn »

I think you're referring to the v2.5 select visible calendars issue thread.

It's not a feature, it's a bug.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
2gerolyn

Post by 2gerolyn »

I see it as a "bug" too, but Bro. Brown commented that it was a feature added because of member requests...nevertheless, do we have any timeline as to when it will be fixed or if they would consider an icon for the option to view all locations if desired?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

2gerolyn wrote:do we have any timeline as to when it will be fixed
No. Timelines are rarely given.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

2gerolyn wrote:I see it as a "bug" too, but Bro. Brown commented that it was a feature added because of member requests.
I apologize if I caused confusion with my rather tongue-in-cheek comment. I was trying to say that this bug was similar to a requested feature -- but it is certainly a bug, and it doesn't really work the way the requested feature would need to work anyway.

Return to “Calendar”