v2.5 select visible calendars issue

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Gary_Miller

Re: v2.5 select visible calendars issue

Post by Gary_Miller »

1historian wrote:My wife has noticed the same issue on her account, events creeping back on the calendar after she unchecked the boxes. But it doesn't really bother her. Just wanted to let everyone know some are still experiencing this.
If she is in week view she will see everything that is scheduled in building even though she may have that calendar layer unchecked. This is for building scheduling purposes.
1historian

Post by 1historian »

No, that's not the issue. Calendars that are unchecked creep back into the monthly view even though she had not changed views.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

1historian wrote:No, that's not the issue. Calendars that are unchecked creep back into the monthly view even though she had not changed views.
I was able to duplicate this.

I unchecked all the calendar layers so that my month view showed no events.

Went to agenda and week view and back still no events showing.

Went back out to LDS.ORG home page and then back into calendars.

When I went back into calendars there were some events showing but only for specific layers.

The font color for those events was also a different color (black) than the color have have chosen for that layer.

The layers remained unchecked.

When I checked the layers the color changed back to what I had chosen for that layer.

I tried it a couple of times and it was always the same layers.
goodog

Post by goodog »

I have a very similar problem. All the calendars that I subscribe to become visible every time i change screens or login even if i do not have them checked. I have to selected all calendars the unselected all calendars then selected the calendars i want every time i change screens. It gets very old very fast I would love some help to fix this. Also it is only on the stake calendars the other resource and ward calendars don't seem to have this problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

goodog wrote:It gets very old very fast I would love some help to fix this. Also it is only on the stake calendars the other resource and ward calendars don't seem to have this problem.
I think you'll find that if you go to week view and uncheck all locations it will stop (or at least minimize the problem). You can also unsubscribe to all the calendars you never want to see.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
goodog

Post by goodog »

Thank you. I will unsubscribe from as much as possible. but the problem with the week view is i have to schedule one of the resourses and must see the whole week. I will do my best with the rest. Thanks again.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

In the week view you will see everything that is scheduled for the location no matter what calendar it on, ward, stake, church, other wards, restriction, ect. It could be this is what your seeing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The visible calendar issue is that events scheduled for the selected location (in week view) and are on a subscribed calendar will show up in month view when they shouldn't. So the workaround is to minimize the number of subscribed calendars and/or remember to uncheck the location in week view when done with it. It's humbug, but not the worst feature. (That prize goes to the hassle it takes to switching between viewing all calendars and selecting what I want for my external sync.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeffreychristensen

Post by jeffreychristensen »

Glad to see I'm not the only one out there with this problem.
I have been experiencing this for about a year now with one calendar item.
It was simple to click and un-click one calendar.
I don't know what happened this week but Holy Cow now I have 4-5 more where I used to only have one.
I have not changed anything in the week view in months so I don't know what changed.

I'll take the advice and try the work around but it is not an easy thing to communicate to everyone else who is using it.

Don't know if you tried to make a fix but if so it made it worse.
(FYI I'm using mac and Safari)

Thanks for all you tech guys out there. Keep up the good work.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

jeffreychristensen wrote:I don't know what happened this week but Holy Cow now I have 4-5 more where I used to only have one.
It likely someone added some new calendar layers and you have check auto subscribe to new calendars under "Options".

Return to “Calendar”