v2.5 select visible calendars issue

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
eblood66

Re: v2.5 Building Events Visibility Issue in Week View

Post by eblood66 »

brentafisher wrote:Since the new version of the calendar has been in place I have had several people indicate that they can no longer see ALL events and reservations in the "week" view. I was skeptical at first but have verified this is the case. Previous to the upgrade, I could see ALL scheduled events and reservations whether I was subscribed to a calendar or not. That is no longer possible. I am only able to see the calendars and their events for the calendars for which I am given visibility rights. This makes it impossible to plan events without going through an entire scheduling process and having it rejected for a conflict.
I can still see all reservations and events for locations that are checked on in the location list. Are you sure that you have checked the location in question in the location list on the lower left side in week view?
BrentAFisher

Re: v2.5 select visible calendars issue

Post by BrentAFisher »

Yes, I am sure. I can see reservations for all buildings. But I cannot see scheduled events for calendars for which I do not have rights to view. I am the Stake Executive Secretary and have viewing rights for most calendars; but, not the Ward Calendars. I have a Bishopric member who cannot view the Calendars of the other Wards in his building when in week view.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

brentafisher wrote:I can see reservations for all buildings. But I cannot see scheduled events for calendars for which I do not have rights to view.
That's interesting. Like eblood66, I can still see events from other wards. I haven't done a thorough analysis (which would require detailed work with a member of another ward) to see if I can see ALL events on the calendars of other wards in our buildings, but I most definitely can see plenty of events from other wards.

And to eliminate some theories people might have: I can see reservations, repeating events, non-repeating events, events in buildings for which I am or am not a building scheduler, events which existed many months ago, and events which have been recently scheduled. The one scenario I haven't been able to see an example of is an event on a private calendar, since wards in my stake use those very little.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

brentafisher wrote:But I cannot see scheduled events for calendars for which I do not have rights to view.
1) Have you verified that those events use that location? If they're not useing a location, or are using a different (duplicate) location, that would explain it.

2) Have you tried unchecking your calendars? When the software is forced to draw too many events, some may get lost. If you limit your checked calendar to just the location in question, then I'd expect to see them all. You might want to look at the Events randomly not showing thread for evidence of this.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

I too can see everything in week view, all events for all wards in the buildings I have selected.

Like russelhltn stated if there is not building selected in the event you will not see it on the calendar. That would be events where the editor selected "No location" or "Other Location".
BrentAFisher

Post by BrentAFisher »

I am going to get a partner with specific calendar viewing and experiment. I think you all have identified the issue. We can't see calendared events that do not have a building resource selected. Thank you.
tyler@baxterclan.net

Post by tyler@baxterclan.net »

Looks like it's been a few weeks since there was a posting here, and I just wanted to ask if there were any updates regarding a fix for the issue. I am also seeing this in the calendar and am looking forward to the fix.

(I can replicate this in Chrome, IE, and firefox, WinXP, 7, & 8)

Thank you!
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

I don't think there has been any "official" communication about when a fix will be released...and until someone from the church development team acknowledge it and provides some indication that it is being worked, we won't know until it is released.

This bug has caused a significant "trust" issue in our stake. Most of it is perception as the reservation and calendaring data is good, but when it doesn't "show up right" it turns people away. The increase of calls directly to me (stake building coordinator/scheduler) has significantly increased because of the confusion this has caused.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

It has been nearly 2 months since the last post... any updates to this?

For those that want to see what I'm experiencing, this is what I see:

http://screencast.com/t/WLsuYQPU4PX

Nothing selected in the "Subscribed Calendars" panel and nothing selected in the "Locations" panel, but it acts like Iike something is selected.

TO FIX THIS: In weekly view I repeatedly clicked "Show all calendars" and "Hide All Calendars" (3-4 times) then I did the same with "Show all locations" and "Hide all locations".

Not sure if this is the exact same problem... but at least I got it working for me :D
Brewer.D

Post by Brewer.D »

I have been able to recreate the bug, at least for the Agenda view. I deselected all the calendars except the Churchwide Events. It worked perfectly until I expanded an event and clicked View event details & location link, then from the event details view I clicked on the close link at the bottom. The calendar Agenda view then showed all events for all my subscribed calendars. I had not signed out nor had my session expired.

If I select a calender and deselect it, that calendar will be hidden until I go into the event details of any event on any calendar and back to the any calendar view with the browser back arrow, the back to calendar button, or the close link at the bottom. Then, all the events of all my subscribed calendars including the deselected ones show again. If all of the calendars are deselected, I select one calender then deselect it again, only that calendar is hidden until I leave calendar views. The deselected items don't show in Week or Month views.

I was using Chrome Version 29.0.1547.57. I tried Firefox 4.0, Firefox 12.0, IE 10.0.9200.16660. I tried every way of signing out and clearing I know. I closed all browser incidences, signed out, deleted cookies for each browser, deselected all calenders and locations, unsubscribed from all calendars, etc. The problem persists that deselected, subscribed calendars show all events if I leave the three calendar views in any way (detail view, going to another Tools option, signing out).
Attachments
LDS_CalendarBug.jpg
(181.6 KiB) Downloaded 271 times

Return to “Calendar”