Calendar 2.5 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar 2.5 released

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:And on top of that, what they describe as a "reservation" sounds like behavior that can only be attributed to an actual event; that's certainly not how reservations/restrictions have ever worked.
I think they were describing how people thought reservations worked but failed to say that it's not an accurate representation on how reservations in the calender worked - hence the name change.

My suggestion:
An important change for the 2.5 release is Restrictions (formerly Reservations). A "Restriction" is a block of time where a building/location is assigned to a unit. During that time, only the assigned unit may schedule events in that building. Use of the word "reservation" was giving a false impression that the building/location was reserved for a specific organization or event.
There's no point in describing what a reservation is when the calendar "reservation" system doesn't, and never has, done it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:My suggestion:
An important change for the 2.5 release is Restrictions (formerly Reservations). A "Restriction" is a block of time where a building/location is assigned to a unit. During that time, only the assigned unit may schedule events in that building. Use of the word "reservation" was giving a false impression that the building/location was reserved for a specific organization or event.
That's a great start. I would adjust it slightly to avoid giving the false impression that a restriction applies only to an entire location (it can apply to a set of rooms or a location):
An important change for the 2.5 release is Restrictions (formerly Reservations). A "Restriction" is a block of time where a location/room is assigned to a unit. During that time, only the assigned unit may schedule events in that location/room. Use of the word "reservation" was giving a false impression that the location/room was reserved for a specific organization or event.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:That's a great start. I would adjust it slightly to avoid giving the false impression that a restriction applies only to an entire location (it can apply to a set of rooms or a location):
An important change for the 2.5 release is Restrictions (formerly Reservations). A "Restriction" is a block of time where a location/room is assigned to a unit. During that time, only the assigned unit may schedule events in that location/room. Use of the word "reservation" was giving a false impression that the location/room was reserved for a specific organization or event.
Works for me.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”