Event notifications disabled

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
2gerolyn

Event notifications disabled

Post by 2gerolyn »

I am the stake/ward web administrator and have subscribed to the calendars in my own ward. I have checked the boxes to receive notifications but have not been receiving any notifications. I viewed my subscriptions and the boxes to receive event notifications are all checked...but at the top of that column it reads, "event notifications have been disabled in your options." I went to my options and all of those boxes are checked...to receive notifications. What do I need to do to reset my calendars so that I receive notifications when events are submitted?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Event notifications disabled

Post by aebrown »

There are two possibilities that I see here:
  • Your system is properly configured to receive notifications, but you are seeing the bug reported here that incorrectly shows the "Event notifications are disabled" text when it isn't really true. You could check that out by using a browser other than Internet Explorer to look at your Subscriptions page. Note that it's entirely possible that you are set up to receive notifications, but there just aren't any being sent by other calendar editors. I'm subscribed to 20+ calendars, but I get an event notification only once every 2-4 months, because most calendar editors don't choose to notify people.
  • There's some other problem with the notification system. In this case, I'm not sure what to recommend. You might try turning off your notification settings, saving your options, then turning them back on and saving again. That might kick them back into being accurately reflected in the system.
2gerolyn

Re: Event notifications disabled

Post by 2gerolyn »

Thank you for the explanation. I totally misunderstood the process for notifications...I thought that when anyone submitted an event and it was placed on the calendar, that I would be automatically notified that there was activity on the calendar. I am embarrassed to realize that they would need to check that button to notify others.

Return to “Calendar”