Calendar - Building / Room Reservation Help Request

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Gary_Miller

Re: Calendar - Building / Room Reservation Help Request

Post by Gary_Miller »

JohnShaw wrote:This is not very hard for me to understand, however, as other pointed out, it seems to me that the reservations calendar and the beginning of the year planning should've already accounted for this. If the RS should have the building scheduled every 3rd Thursday, they they should lock that out with a reservation, regardless of a planned activity, if a ward should have the entire building from 5pm to 9pm on Wednesday and a different ward on Tuesday that should all be pre-reserved through the entire year.
John, lets not forget that a reservation can only be made for a ward. And while a reservation may state in the remarks what organization its for, any editor in the ward which the reservation was made for can book an event. The reservation is not final until the event is booked.
JohnShaw wrote:In each and every case, an ecclesiastical purpose (ward/aux function) trumps anything like a group of men playing basketball.
If its just a group of men getting togeather to shoot hoops I would agree. However if it the Church Sports Program there is ecclesiastical purpose the same as any other program in the church.
JohnShaw wrote:Someone needs to cancel that basketball event, go through and get all the ward pieces put in the calendar and then let that 'group of men' back in and see where they can fit their games in.
If its just a group of men getting together to shoot hoops then yes. However, if its the Church Sports Program the called sports director has just as much right and responsibility to place the sporting events on the calendar as any other organization. And therefore should not have to play second fiddle just because someone else did not plan ahead.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar - Building / Room Reservation Help Request

Post by russellhltn »

JohnShaw wrote:This is not very hard for me to understand, however, as other pointed out, it seems to me that the reservations calendar and the beginning of the year planning should've already accounted for this. If the RS should have the building scheduled every 3rd Thursday, they they should lock that out with a reservation, regardless of a planned activity, if a ward should have the entire building from 5pm to 9pm on Wednesday and a different ward on Tuesday that should all be pre-reserved through the entire year.
Except reservations don't work that way. So-called "reservations" only sets the room/building aside for a unit, not a specific organization. What should have happened is the RS scheduled their events for the year and placed the events on the calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”