Odd view in Reservation

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rtonkinson

Odd view in Reservation

Post by rtonkinson »

Screen Shot from Reservation Calendar
Screen Shot from Reservation Calendar
image006.jpg (28.71 KiB) Viewed 507 times
Screen Shot from Calendar
Screen Shot from Calendar
image005.jpg (25.89 KiB) Viewed 507 times
I am working with a brother in our stake who is supposed to be a building scheduler. He is unable to perform his calling because when he goes to reservations, he doesn't get a calendar, he gets a list that has the days of the week as the first seven rows, then the days of the month listed numerically as the next 28, 30 or 31 rows. He can't tell what is going on. He has tried it both on his computer at work and at home and says his browsers are up-to-date and that he has tried both IE and Firefox. At Church, I had him use someone else's i-pad to log in and things appeared just fine. He has sent me screen shots from his computer. He also has odd problems at the normal calendar screen. Any ideas?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Odd view in Reservation

Post by aebrown »

That looks like the well-known problems with IE8 (or IE7, or IE9 in Compatibility View). Those are clearly screen shots from Internet Explorer. Problems like that explain why IE8 is not a supported browser for the tools on LDS.org.

I've never seen such a display on Firefox, so I really doubt that he's seeing the exact same problem with Firefox. So I'd recommend that he use his Firefox. If he's having some different sort of problem, he could send a screen shot from Firefox.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aebrown wrote:That looks like the well-known problems with IE8 (or IE7, or IE9 in Compatibility View). Those are clearly screen shots from Internet Explorer. Problems like that explain why IE8 is not a supported browser for the tools on LDS.org.
It is most definitely not IE8. Look at the title bar. IE8 does not have a semi-transparent title bar. It looks like IE9 or IE10 in compatibility view.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rtonkinson

Post by rtonkinson »

Thanks. I will get Firefox screen shots. I have also asked him to download google Chrome and install that.

Return to “Calendar”