Building Resources no longer showing in LDS.org calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
maplemedic

Building Resources no longer showing in LDS.org calendar

Post by maplemedic »

Hi

I am a stake clerk and have a question about the building resources in the calendar. Until about the turn of the year all members could see the buildings in the stake under their ward and stake subscribed calendars in the lower left. Members could see the reservations for each building in the calendar in the week view. The appointments were shown in white color with the appropriate building icon. This made it easy for them to see all of the building schedules in one location and was helpful to see what was available for an activity that they wanted to schedule. All of this is now gone.

Building schedulers can still schedule the building via the gear symbol drop down menu and bldg reservation option. The calendar switches to the bldg calendar (all building icons are now the same color). I believe members can still do that but it shows the appointments for one building only.

Several members and the building schedulers have told me about this and how this makes the calendaring much harder.

Can anyone tell me what happened here? Are the building reservations coming back? I have called member and leader services but they have not been able to help me - so I turn to the forum for help. Thanks in advance.

PS I left a similar comment in the beta calendar forum.
maplemedic

Re: Building Resources no longer showing in LDS.org calendar

Post by maplemedic »

Oops fixed it - operator error. 0:(. The ward and stake can schedule option was turned off.

Now I have a different issue. The little building icons are the same color. I can change them but when I go back in they revert back to the original color. The members see all one color too. How can I change the color so it will hold?

Thanks in advance.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Building Resources no longer showing in LDS.org calendar

Post by aebrown »

maplemedic wrote:Now I have a different issue. The little building icons are the same color. I can change them but when I go back in they revert back to the original color. The members see all one color too. How can I change the color so it will hold?
Please don't start discussing a completely different issue in an existing topic. That's contrary to the Code of Conduct ("Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread") and makes discussions hard to follow.

In this particular case, there's already a topic for this issue: saving location colors. If you read that topic, you'll see that one other person reports a similar problem, although other posters seem unable to reproduce the problem. If you have further comments for that issue, please post to that topic.

Return to “Calendar”