saving location colors

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
maplemedic

Re: saving location colors

Post by maplemedic »

I got a response from the third party answering service which basically pointed me back to the forum. No help at all. I have another issue to call SLC on Monday and will approach them about this issue. I'll post after my contact with them.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

It is interesting that a couple of people report this problem, but lots of people have their colors save just fine. I wonder what's different about the environment of those who see the problem.
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

The colors worked fine before I unchecked the wards and stakes can schedule box. The colors then changed to all orange. Then when I rechecked the wards and stakes can schedule the orange color remained on all of the buildings. I could change them for me, but as soon as I left the screen and then came back they were all back to orange. I guess when I unchecked that box some sort of default color came into play and it has followed the buildings when I rechecked the schedule box.
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

I have tried three different indows platforms, xp, vista, 7. And I have tried three different browsers, ie 8/9, Firefox and chrome on all of the platforms. No difference. . . . .
TerryDM
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TerryDM »

Colors for a location are stored in a record that associated a location and an user. If for any reason this record get removed from the system and then has to be recreated at a later point in time then the color is going to be randomly picked for the standard color choices.

Normally the locations associated with a user will not be removed, but that are a few cased where they are. For example, if the stake decides to disable the building scheduling feature and then re-enables the scheduling, the record will have been removed and a new on will be created.
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

Thanks for that information for me, the stake clerk, all of the buildings are showing orange (is this the random color picked by the system for all the buildings when the building record comes back?). As I have mentioned before, I can change them but when I leave that screen, say to go into an individual appointment, and then back to the calendar all of my color settings are lost and I see the orange again for all buildings. I have also logged in under my wife's account (she has not rights above a standard member) and its the same, she sees orange for each building, she can change them, but they do not stay. The buildings revert to the orange color.

I am at a loss. I need an LDS.org programmer to help out. . . . . . . . . . .
Calgaryguy

Post by Calgaryguy »

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm the building scheduler for my chapel and it would make things much easier if I could save the colors so that I can more easily tell if the building is booked or not without having to change the color each time the view changes.
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

A chruch programmer saw my comments and we had an off-line chat where he indicated that he would see what could be done. Haven't heard back yet so Keep on looking at the forum and hopeful you'll see a post that the issue has been fixed.

Sorry, can't offer much more than that.

Return to “Calendar”