Can not see & can not subscribe to my out-of-unit calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
heavenboy

Can not see & can not subscribe to my out-of-unit calendars

Post by heavenboy »

Calendar events are not being displayed. This is for the calendar of a Young Single Adult stake that I have reciently been called as the Stake Executive Secretary. When I login to www.lds.org and go to Tools | Calendar | Setting, I can see the YSA Stake. Under this heading are Calendars, Subscriptions, Administratores, Locations & Rooms, and Initial Setup. If I select Calendars from this list, I see 4 Calindars that are all Active. From the calendar view, if I select Subscriptions in the lower left corner, I only see calendars from my home ward and stake under Ward Calendars and Stake Calendars tabs. Does anyone know how I can get the calendars from my YSA stake to show up so I can subscribe to them?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Can not see & can not subscribe to my out-of-unit calend

Post by jdlessley »

heavenboy wrote:When I login to http://www.lds.org and go to Tools | Calendar | Setting, I can see the YSA Stake. Under this heading are Calendars, Subscriptions, Administratores, Locations & Rooms, and Initial Setup.
You just missed one turn in navigating to get to the needed settings page. Try going to Settings > [YSA stake name] > Subscriptions and subscribe to the YSA stake calendars there. The list of of calendars displayed in the "Subscribed Calendars" box on the main Calendar page are those calendars to which you have subscribed. That list allows you to select the subscribed calendars to view those calendars' events. Unchecking a calendar on that list will remove that calendar's events from view.

The four calendars you see on the Settings > [YSA stake name] > Calendars page is where you, as an administrator manage (add, delete, edit, and set active status) calendars. You subscribe to those calendars on the Settings > [YSA stake name] > Subscriptions page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
heavenboy

Post by heavenboy »

Your instructions worked. Thank you.

Note that I called LDS Help and was told that the calendar problem was due to my out-of-unit membership information not being entered completely. That is, I needed to enter ALL information (about my children, marriage date, etc.) and it had to match exactly with my membership record in my home unit. This was not correct because the calendar now works and I didn't add any more information to my out-of-unit membership.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The Out of unit records section of the Temporary membership records wiki article provides the procedures for creating an out of unit record. The only additional information needed for priesthood leadership positions is priesthood ordinance information. Anything beyond that does not affect accessibility.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”