• Email notifications are sent to everyone who subscribes to the calendar (and has turned on their email notification settings). Each person has to choose their subscriptions and their notification settings themselves; no administrator can control that in any way. By aebrown
I am preparing for a training of all our Ward Presidencies in a few weeks. I have been in this calling (ward executive secretary) for a couple 2-3 years now and apparently have been working under a wrong concept. "I have been telling all the presidencies (maybe I was trained with this idea by the previous ward executive secretary) that the calendars in which they work has this neat little feature to send an e-mail notice to there organization members or group. I had assumed that if the member of that organization had an e-mail listed in his personal data that the organization calendar was designed to go out to only the individuals in that organization ie. Primary, deacons, YSA, Elders, Relief Society etc. I had this idea when we were migrating from the classic calendar to the present. I guess I had assumed that it had all been programed in to the ready Calendars of which we could choose from to activate. In reading the posts in the forums the notice goes out to anyone that is subscribed to e-mail notices regardless of the organization he or she is a member of.
- 1. Can you confirm what I have said is true? (anyone that is subscribe & e-mail notice)
2. Can you explain how I have formed this idea?
3. Is this a possibility to have the notices go to only the members of that organization? What would be wrong about that approach?
4. Do you have any advise for me in my preparation for this training?
Thank You for all that you guys are doing.