Cub Scout Calendar missing :(

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Cub Scout Calendar missing :(

Post by aebrown »

Is it possible that your original Cub Scouts calendar became a private calendar somehow? That error message is a clear indication that a calendar named "Cub Scouts" does exist. But your screen shot proves that it isn't visible to you, and it's not in the Deleted Calendars list.

To my thinking, that leaves only two options: it somehow became private and you don't have view permissions for that calendar, or there's something really strange going on and the calendar still exists but is not visible to anyone. I'd research the first option first. I know that you're an admin, which means that you should be able to see it, but perhaps a default admin might be needed. Ask one to examine the list of calendars to see if Cub Scouts appears as a private calendar.

One variation is one that someone else raised -- perhaps it got changed to a stake calendar. When that happens, a calendar is temporarily in a holding phase until a stake calendar administrator accepts (or rejects) the proposed calendar. It could be that when it is in this holding phase, it is still associated with your ward, which could possibly explain the error message saying the name is not unique.

We're sort of grasping at straws here, but this is indeed an unusual problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:Is it possible that your original Cub Scouts calendar became a private calendar somehow? That error message is a clear indication that a calendar named "Cub Scouts" does exist. But your screen shot proves that it isn't visible to you, and it's not in the Deleted Calendars list.
Do you notice that she was trying to create a calendar for "Litchfield Park" but her list is for "Corte Sierra"?

I wonder if we're dealing with a "out-of-unit member" issue. That Litchfield hasn't fully released her somehow. Especially since this was a result of a ward split.

I've pinged Kyle.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

I've emailed someone from my ward and stake. Waiting to see what he says.

Possible for one of you to log into our ward and check it out?

Thanks for all your help!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

geekiemommie wrote:Possible for one of you to log into our ward and check it out?
Only certain church programmers can do that. One of the programmers who can do that has been sent a message to check in on this thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

Any luck on getting the Cub Scouts calendar transferred over from the Litchfield Park Ward? Nothing much was on that calendar. Can I just have it deleted? And then I'll create a new one in our ward? Unless you're going to fix it?

I needed to schedule the Blue and Gold Banquet, but I just put it under the Reservations calendar for now, which means our ward can't see it.

Also, I noticed that all our ward calendars are under the correct ward now! Thanks!

Thanks for all your hard work! Glad I'm not one of your programmers :)
Last edited by geekiemommie on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

geekiemommie wrote:Any luck on getting the Cub Scouts calendar transferred over from the Litchfield Park Ward? My friend gave me her hubby's login for that ward, and I can totally see it! Nothing much was on that calendar. Can I just delete it? Her hubby is the exec. sec. And then I'll create a new one in our ward? Unless you're going to fix it?
An Exec. Sec who needs release for sharing a confidential login.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

By gave, I meant I was at her house and he logged himself in and I saw the calendar! No worries.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

GOOOOOOD.

I would suggest just creating a new calendar for your new ward. You could get a printed copy from your friend and then add the events back on the calendar. I know its allot of work but may be you best option.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

FYI...when I try to create a new calendar, it tries to create it for Litchfield Park Ward and not Corte Sierra Ward.

I deleted the Cub Scout Calendar that was in the wrong ward.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

geekiemommie wrote:FYI...when I try to create a new calendar, it tries to create it for Litchfield Park Ward and not Corte Sierra Ward.
I saw that in you posts earlier and I'm not sure why this would be happening, it could be as it was stated earlier that the systems have not yet synced with the ward split.

A couple of things I would do is first make sure you are in the MLS system properly for the new ward. If all is well then I think I would delete your current administration rights go out of LDS.org and the come back in and re add the rights. Of course you would have to have one of the other administrators add you back in. I'm not sure this will work or not but its worth a try.

Return to “Calendar”