Become new Editor to a Calendar?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jrp7sen

Become new Editor to a Calendar?

Post by jrp7sen »

Hello, I just got called to the Elders Quorum Secretary in my ward, and part of my job is to post events on the ward calendar pertaining to the Elders Quorum. However, I have no rights to add or edit events as I'm not the editor. How can I apply to become the new editor of the current calendar? Do I have to make a whole new Elders Quorum calendar and then have our ward administrator (Which we seem to have lost ours) remove the old one?

Thanks.
gregwanderson

Re: Become new Editor to a Calendar?

Post by gregwanderson »

Whoever created the calendar which would contain Elders Quroum information should have included the Quorum Secretary as an editor. You can add individuals by name or by calling. If they had the previous secretary included "by name" then that's just not the best way to do it.

Can you confirm that you are correctly listed as the Elders Quorum Secretary in the system or has this not happened yet because you're so new? (Look in the Ward Leaders section of the LDS.org directory tool and then see the Elders Quorum.) If you don't currently have a website administrator then I wonder if other calendar editors can add editors (but someone else will have to answer that because I don't know). So maybe if your Quorum President can access the calendar then he can add you "by calling" as an editor.

Any given calendar may have several editors. Whenever I create a calendar I try to ensure that, in addition to the people who should obviously be listed as editors, the ward clerk and executive secretary are always included too.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mrrad wrote:Any given calendar may have several editors. Whenever I create a calendar I try to ensure that, in addition to the people who should obviously be listed as editors, the ward clerk and executive secretary are always included too.
Of course that's only useful for private calendars; for all public calendars the ward clerk and executive secretary are default calendar administrators and thus have full editing permissions.
failproof

Post by failproof »

Ward website administrators, bishoprics, clerks and the executive secretary are default calendar administrators and therefore have automatic administration and edit rights to any calendar that isn't a private calendar weather they are explicitly given edit permissions or not i.e. any of them can add you as an editor on your Elders Quorum calendar if needed. If your quorum president is already an editor, he can do it as well.

As mentioned, your first step might be to make sure that your ward clerk has entered your calling into MLS as a standard and not custom calling. If your calendar is set up with your quorum presidency as editors by calling rather than by name then changes to callings automatically grant appropriate access essentially as soon as MLS is updated, or at least within a day.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

I suppose that if you aren't correctly listed as the Quorum Secretary yet then someone could add you "by name" as an editor for more immediate access to the calendar editing ability. But your calling should still be added as an editor anyway and, if the system doesn't know your current calling, then that also needs correction soon.

Return to “Calendar”