Reservation "Data Temporarily Unavailable

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
patriciascobb

Re: Reservation "Data Temporarily Unavailable

Post by patriciascobb »

can you reset the calendar? I will start anew What has to be done to take the temporarily unavailable off?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that as a building scheduler, you should be able to edit the events. Of course you should tell them what you've done, but it would underscore who is in control. But first this needs to be fixed.

kyleq is your best contact for fixing this - so be sure to respond to post #6
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
patriciascobb

Post by patriciascobb »

well I must tell you I am disappointed in the tech support that I am suppose to get. I know you prefer to use the forum but of course it gives you the ability to reply with one line answers and walk away. the problem is not resolved and no one wants to talk to me personally. I don't think this is how our Father wants his church ran. If I was to run my business this way I would be out of work. I am trying to do my calling but Tax season is upon me. I have several corporations that are in need of their 1099 and W2 I can't keep coming back to a chat box to read one line comments just answer a simple question can it be fixed or not? if not then I will run my own calendar and forget about this mess. Sorry don't mean to be rude but you are not helping me and its been over a week now.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

patriciascobb wrote:well I must tell you I am disappointed in the tech support that I am suppose to get.
If you desire tech support, please use the Feedback link at the website. This is a Forum of clerks and others who have some experience with the troubles you are having and are making suggestions that are intended to help, if you are interested.
patriciascobb wrote:the problem is not resolved and no one wants to talk to me personally.
If you wish to speak with someone personally, please contact either your Assistant Stake Clerk for Technology or the knowledgeable person in your stake who has responsibility for Calendaring.
patriciascobb wrote:just answer a simple question can it be fixed or not?
Must likely, yes, but you have not provided answers to the questions that have been asked that will help in identifying the source of the problem. You might wish to start with the post by kyleq on Wed Jan 16, 2013 at 9:02 am. Following his suggestions will be key in helping you resolve your problem, if you wish.

Folks here at the Forum volunteer their time and will help as best they can based on their experience with similar issues. But this is not a formal tech support service. And any form of formal tech support will also require that you help in the troubleshooting process.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just to add what lajackson has said, we're just members who volunteer our time in the forums. We know our way around the software and can help when the issue is a misunderstanding or is in the control of the user. I'm sure you've seen or know of similar forums for tax questions - information from knowable individuals but who are unable to intercede with the IRS on your behalf.

But this seems to be a situation where a church employee with access to the system has to get involved. And that would be kyleq.

kyleq Is asking the questions because he's trying to determine if the problem is something with your user account or if it's a problem with the resource calendar itself.

If this isn't the way Heavenly Father wants His tech support run, then he needs to let the Priesthood know so they can allocate the resources needed to run it the way He does want. That's beyond the paygrade of anyone on this forum.

As for going with your own calendar - good luck with that. As long as people can put it on the calendar, they will claim they have the facility.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
patriciascobb

Post by patriciascobb »

I am sorry I thought this was tech support so I have been wasting my and your time wont happen again. I will call my Stake and ask who I need to speak to on the phone. By the way never used forum for anything before. Thanks for trying

Have a nice day
Pat

Return to “Calendar”