sync with Google calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
allred1

sync with Google calendar

Post by allred1 »

Calendar not Syncing to my Google Calendar again. sync was working ok until just recently.
tomjoht

Re: sync with Google calendar

Post by tomjoht »

The sync to Google isn't currently working. Sorry. This is listed in the Known Issues in the help.

Tom
allred1

Post by allred1 »

Thank you, I will try keep up on the Known Issues.

Robert Allred
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

johnsonth wrote:The sync to Google isn't currently working. Sorry. This is listed in the Known Issues in the help.
It's working fine for me now -- I just tried it again, and it synced an event that I added just a couple of days ago.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Oh, my fault. You're right. Google Sync is working correctly now. I had outdated information.

Tom
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

johnsonth wrote:I had outdated information.
Tom, you of all people should be skeptical about written documentation. ;)
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Well, I did update the documentation just now. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Unless something has changed, it is and it isn't. The old URLs work, but the new URLs with a longer key don't work. Has that been fixed?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:Unless something has changed, it is and it isn't. The old URLs work, but the new URLs with a longer key don't work. Has that been fixed?
My sync worked fine with a 32-character key (which is the longer key). So that's not a problem (at least for me).
samuelkyle

Post by samuelkyle »

I'm joining this discussion trying to figure out how to sync. So I copied the URL and put it in my google calendar. I then went into my ical on my iphone and everything syched just fine. I then later went back to lds.org calendar and added an event to see if it would automatically synch to my phone. It has been over 5 hours and it has not synched to my ical on my phone or to my google calendar on my computer. I resynched the lds tools app and the event showed there as well as on the web site but why can I not see the event I created on lds.org on my phone? So to be clear I created the event in lds.org from my computer. I did not create the event on my phone.

Return to “Calendar”