Change to Displayed Locations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
failproof

Change to Displayed Locations

Post by failproof »

Something has recently changed how locations are displayed on the Week view. Unfortunately, I don't use it often, so I had not noticed until today so I can not positively say when the change occurred.

The change is this: I no longer see any locations on week view below the Subscribed Calendars list.
NoLocations.png
NoLocations.png (17.46 KiB) Viewed 311 times
In testing, I have discovered where part of the problem lies. None of our locations are configured to allow scheduling by wards and stakes.
NoLocations2.png
NoLocations2.png (3.15 KiB) Viewed 311 times
If I change one of them to allow scheduling, it shows up below the Subscribed Calendars. When I change it back, quits showing up again.
We are doing this purposefully, and I am working to convince our stake to change this, but that is a different matter all together. This has been the case for us all along, and we have not changed it. Until recently though, I was able to see the locations in the week view and see the reservations for those locations. Now, since there are no locations to view, there are also no reservations showing on the calendar for those locations and I can no longer see what is "scheduled" at all locations at the same time.
(Yes, ours is one of those stake incorrectly using reservations for building scheduling, and as I stated, I'm working to change the minds of those who have concerns over allowing wards to schedule buildings. Although it is a poor way to use it, we've been able to avoid conflicts because scheduling was not enabled so only the building scheduler was able to enter "Reservations" for the building.)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Change to Displayed Locations

Post by aebrown »

failproof wrote:The change is this: I no longer see any locations on week view below the Subscribed Calendars list.
In testing, I have discovered where part of the problem lies. None of our locations are configured to allow scheduling by wards and stakes.
That's interesting. This might have been an inadvertent software change, but I could see how this change might have been considered to be a bug fix.

After all, one possible interpretation is that members need to be able to see what's going on at a building only if the stake administrators have chosen to make that building visible to stake members, and by unchecking the box to allow scheduling by wards and stakes, the administrators are saying that regular members shouldn't be able to see the building.

That said, I think it's a rather weak argument, and I think it's more likely an inadvertent change, combined with the likelihood that since most stakes do check that box, the condition of having it unchecked receives less attention during testing.

Return to “Calendar”