View only should be view and edit

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kamron2

View only should be view and edit

Post by kamron2 »

I'm trying to manage the email list on the young men calendar. It only shows the young men presidency; how do I make it so that all young men and parents of young men receive email notifications for the young men calendar? Should I have permission to view and edit? Thank you, Kamron Eck, Caldwell 15th Ward, Caldwell Idaho East Stake
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: View only should be view and edit

Post by aebrown »

It sounds like you are confusing two different things here:
  • Email notifications are sent to everyone who subscribes to the calendar (and has turned on their email notification settings). Each person has to choose their subscriptions and their notification settings themselves; no administrator can control that in any way.
  • The editor permissions are assigned by an administrator (or other editor). For a public calendar, the "view" permission doesn't really have any value (but for a private calendar it does). For either public or private calendars, the "view and edit" permission controls who can add, edit, or delete events on the calendar. It has nothing to do with notifications.

Return to “Calendar”