Creating a new calender hangs up

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
watermelonstand

Creating a new calender hangs up

Postby watermelonstand » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:09 am

It seems yesterday and today when I try to create a new calender it just hangs up and the little dial in the middle spins forever. I tried on several computers and I heard they had a similar problem earlier in the day at the branch. I have stake admin rights and have created a calender before for the stake. I think this is a new problem. Is anyone else experiencing it?

watermelonstand

Re: Creating a new calender hangs up

Postby watermelonstand » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:13 am

Okay I tried making a ward calender and that worked. But when I choose Stake calender to make it hangs up. I assume it would not give me the choice to make a stake calender if I did not have rights to do so. Also I have created one before.

watermelonstand

Postby watermelonstand » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:17 am

Just to be clear I am under Calenders tool menu and create a calender I check This calender is for.. Stake and tried putting view and edit people in and tried just leaving me on it and it hangs up every time when I choose Calender for stake but when I choose calender for ward it makes it.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:32 pm

watermelonstand wrote:Is anyone else experiencing it?

I just created a stake calendar with no problem. I noticed that it took a while (almost 10 seconds I would guess) to save it, but it did save successfully.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:04 pm

watermelonstand wrote:I assume it would not give me the choice to make a stake calender if I did not have rights to do so. Also I have created one before.

Everyone has the right to "request" a calendar. Not everyone has the right to have it automatically approved. But I don't think that's an issue here.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

watermelonstand

Postby watermelonstand » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Okay I tried again and it still just spins and spins forever like 10 minutes not just ten seconds. Literally it will spin hours if I let it and when I push the back button of course I have been logged out because it has been too long.
But here is what I did there was a ward calender we were not using anymore so I opened it and changed it to a stake calender even changed the name of it to the stake calender I was trying to create changed all the permissions and boom it worked. Shows up as a stake calender and just how I wanted it.
Still can't create a new stake calender but even though I have stake admin rights it is not my calling to make stake calenders so I really do not care. They just had me make the one because I knew who to put as edit and view and knew what they wanted it called.

dstahler

Postby dstahler » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:21 am

I receive an identical problem when trying to create a High Priest calendar. Were you able to resolve this? Thanks!!
Dennis

Return to “Calendar”