5 hr time difference in lds.org calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dsbohon

5 hr time difference in lds.org calendar

Post by dsbohon »

Hello,
I received a tablet for Christmas and when I use it to look at my Stake or Ward calendar it shows all the times starting 5 hours later than they should. This does not happen with my desktop or laptop, only the new tablet. I have made sure the time zone settings are correct, what else can I do?
Thanks for any help you can suggest
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: 5 hr time difference in lds.org calendar

Post by aebrown »

Are you looking at the calendar on LDS.org itself (https://lds.org/church-calendar) or did you sync to a calendar application that is running on your laptop?

If you are in the Eastern Time Zone, then the 5-hour difference would mean that your device is right at UTC (GMT). The difference has to be explained by a time zone setting somewhere.

What operating system is the tablet running? People might be able to give you more specific help if they knew if it was iOS, Android, Windows, or something else.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: 5 hr time difference in lds.org calendar

Post by russellhltn »

dsbohon wrote:I have made sure the time zone settings are correct, what else can I do?
When you say "correct", you mean they are set for the same time zone as the meetinghouse? Because if you're currently vacationing somewhere else, it may be in the wrong time zone for your church.

The web-based calendar get's it's time zone settings from your device. Either your device is not divulging that information or it's somehow set for the wrong time zone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”