New Feature Request: Reoccuring Events With Exceptions

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.

Do you Like this Idea?

Yes
57%
No
43%
Kind of but with some tweaks (please leave comment)
No votes

Total votes: 7

Gary_Miller

Re: New Feature Request: Reoccuring Events With Exceptions

Post by Gary_Miller »

danielterry wrote:the combined activity is not a scout event or a young women event as it is shared between the young men and young women and has its own calender called combined ym/yw calender.
I under stand what a combined activity is. However, there still should be something on the scout calendar indicting that the activity that week is the combined activity and where they can go to get the details. One of your scouts may not have subscribed to the combined calendar so could think that there is no meeting.
danielterry wrote:another all together problem that I will not bring up in this post (eg ownership of combined group events)
Ownership for YM/YW Combined Activities would be the Bishops Youth Committee (BYC), which should also be maintaining the calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New Feature Request: Reoccuring Events With Exceptions

Post by russellhltn »

Gary_Miller wrote:However, there still should be something on the scout calendar indicting that the activity that week is the combined activity and where they can go to get the details. One of your scouts may not have subscribed to the combined calendar so could think that there is no meeting.
I disagree. If we take that logic to it's conclusion, then every calendar should have Stake conference just in case that person hasn't included the general stake calender. As a result, the folks who have subscribed properly will see dozens of "Stake Conferences" listed in there On-line, LDS Tools and synced calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”