Names on Email notifications

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rtonkinson
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Names on Email notifications

Postby rtonkinson » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:46 pm

How do you alter the names that appear on email notifications generate either from the calendar or from however notifications are sent by the bishopric? These come with the individual's full name rather than their preferred name. Can that be altered?

kisaac
Community Moderators
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:04 am
Location: Utah, united states

Re: Names on Email notifications

Postby kisaac » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Can that be altered?
By the user? I don't think the users currently can alter the system to show preferred names over given names, as this likely is a programmer / coding issue.
By the programmers?

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6139
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Names on Email notifications

Postby lajackson » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:40 pm

rtonkinson wrote:How do you alter the names that appear on email notifications generate either from the calendar or from however notifications are sent by the bishopric? These come with the individual's full name rather than their preferred name. Can that be altered?


Different functions pull names from different places. I would check that preferred names are properly recorded in MLS, and that the name at LDS Account is as desired. My search skills and the new Forum format are conspiring to keep me from finding an earlier post that discusses which software pulls which name from where.

And my feeble memory does not allow me to recall if the name can be changed in all instances. But I think most times it can be.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14692
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Names on Email notifications

Postby aebrown » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:59 pm

lajackson wrote:And my feeble memory does not allow me to recall if the name can be changed in all instances. But I think most times it can be.


See the topic Full name on email to ward, in particular this post (but in the rest of the topic you'll see that the advice works for some people but not for others).

luc_pichot
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:32 pm

change the name used for notification

Postby luc_pichot » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi,
I have created the calendar of my ward. They received the email notification with my full name. Can we change to my preferred name (first and last name)?
Thanks,

Luc Pichot

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14692
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: change the name used for notification

Postby aebrown » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:47 pm

luc_pichot wrote:I have created the calendar of my ward. They received the email notification with my full name. Can we change to my preferred name (first and last name)?

[Moderator note: I moved this post to be with the most recent topic that covers this issue.]

Read through the posts in this topic, particularly this one.


Return to “Calendar”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest