Month long events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Allan_F

Month long events

Post by Allan_F »

I was wondering how most are handling month long events on their lds.org calendars. Our stake paper calendars included assignments made to the wards for the entire month in one of the blank day spots at the beginning or end of each monthly calendar, such as snow removal or building cleanup responsibilities for the month. Does anyone have a suggestion or work around for this?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Month long events

Post by russellhltn »

If it just goes in a blank space, you could put a "all day" event there.

Or you could have either an event for all month or a repeating all-day event. That will end up putting the "activity" up on the top of all the days.
Allan_F

Post by Allan_F »

russellhltn wrote:If it just goes in a blank space, you could put a "all day" event there.
That was my first thought, but if you click on a blank space on the calendar you end up adding information to the previous or subsequent month.
Or you could have either an event for all month or a repeating all-day event. That will end up putting the "activity" up on the top of all the days.
I was hoping to avoid that as you quickly end up with information overload. I guess I could make a new calendar that would only have the monthly information. What I was really hoping for was a sticky note type of thing that could be put somewhere on the calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Allan_F wrote:That was my first thought, but if you click on a blank space on the calendar you end up adding information to the previous or subsequent month.
Oh, I misunderstood about "empty day". That would be nice, but could be a bit difficult to manage.

I think putting it on another calendar is probably the best answer.

Return to “Calendar”