Deleting calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
TinMan

Re: Deleting calendars

Post by TinMan »

I am sure it is being looked at and an announcement of the fix will be made soon. Meanwhile the workaround is to quit posting in wrong threads.

:)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The fix for this problem has now been deployed. See Calendar Updated to 2.2.2 rev 3570.
ramonc

Post by ramonc »

I am trying to delete a calendar and just get the spinner. Will not delete. Appears to not be fixed for me. Windows 8 IE 10. Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ramonc wrote:I am trying to delete a calendar and just get the spinner. Will not delete. Appears to not be fixed for me. Windows 8 IE 10. Thanks.
I just tested it again, and the originally reported problem is still fixed.

So the question is why you are seeing something different. Here are some suggestions:
  • Try a different calendar. The easiest way is to create a new private calendar, then immediately delete it. Does that work?
  • Try a different browser, particularly on a different computer. You're using an operating system and browser that are quite new and may not have been tested as thoroughly as others.
  • If you are comfortable using your browser's developer tools, you might see which webservice call is being made that is not getting a response. That detail may be helpful if a developer tries to track this down. If this particular point makes no sense to you, just ignore it.
1dave

Post by 1dave »

I had the same great idea, Create a Test Calendar to practice on.
Luckily I searched here to see what others had done, went back and deleted it before it had been approved. Wheew!

I STILL think it is a great idea!!!!
New Building Administrators should have access to a non-existent building Test Calendar to practice on without messing up the real world.
Fear.jpg
Fear.jpg (5.02 KiB) Viewed 720 times

Return to “Calendar”